Insta-Rail Vertical Cable Railing system is the most cost-effective and convenient option whether you seek to add a new deck railing or upgrade an existing one. Each kit consists of premium, stainless steel 1/8-inch diameter cables and will complete a railing area that is 72 inches long. This Insta-Rail Cable Railing kit is designed for railings 42 inches in total height.
Insta-Rail Kits can be combined or cut down to fit any railing length necessary.
Tools you will need:
- Requires 30 1/2" opening between existing top and bottom rails - see reference guide for details
- Each kit covers six lineal feet (72")
- 4" spacing between vertical cables
- Can be used on wood or composite decking to replace existing pickets or spindles
- Can be used with new or existing railings
- 304 stainless steel components - not recommended for direct salt water spray situations
- Please verify any local building code requirements before purchase
- Installation is DIY friendly and can be completed with common, basic tools
- Power Drill with a Phillips Head Driver & 5/16" (8mm) Drill Bit
- Tape Measure
- Hack Saw (if cutting sections down)
- Hand Level (for going downstairs)
- 18 Cable Balusters - 28 1/4" Long x 1/8" Diameter
- 40 Stainless Steel Anchor Screws
- 36 Stainless Steel Threaded Cable Studs
- 4 Stainless Steel Channels - 36" Long
- Open-End Wrench - 9/32" (7 mm)
Please note: Dependent on installation method and condition of existing framing, slight flex in cable may result in code failure. For 100% code compliance, we recommend using our Insta-Rail Tube Railing Kit.
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE