Insta-Rail® Vertical Cable Railing systems are an affordable and convenient way to upgrade your current deck railing. If you are looking for high quality deck remodeling ideas, the Insta-Rail Cable Railing Kit is the perfect solution. Made with premium stainless steel 1/8-inch diameter cables, each Insta-Rail kit will complete a railing area 72 inches long and is designed for railings 36 inches in total height .
Insta-Rail Kits can be combined or cut down to fit any railing length necessary.
Tools you will need:
- Requires 24 1/2" opening between existing top and bottom rails - see reference guide for details
- Each kit covers six lineal feet (72")
- 4" spacing between vertical cables
- Can be used on wood or composite decking to replace existing pickets or spindles
- Can be used with new or existing railings
- 304 stainless steel components - not recommended for direct salt water spray situations
- Please verify any local building code requirements before purchase
- Installation is DIY friendly and can be completed with common, basic tools
- Power Drill with a Phillips Head Driver & 5/16" (8mm) Drill Bit
- Tape Measure
- Hack Saw (if cutting sections down)
- Hand Level (for going downstairs)
- 18 Cable Balusters - 22 1/4" Long x 1/8" Diameter
- 40 Stainless Steel Anchor Screws
- 36 Stainless Steel Threaded Cable Studs
- 4 Stainless Steel Channels - 36" Long
- 1 Bending Tool
- Open-End Wrench - 9/32" (7 mm)
Please note: Cable spacing is built to be code compliant at 4 inches. However, depending on installation, slight flex in cable may result in code failure. For 100% code compliance, we recommend using our Insta-Rail Tube Railing Kit.
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE